LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDS PS3650

I am a new user of LabVIEW.Recently ,I want to control a PDL multimter(JDS PS3650).Does anyone have its driver.Also user mannual.
My E-mail is wcgcu@sohu.com.Thanks for your help.

EZCONN TEST ENGINEER
-- --

V
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,684 Views)
I couldn't find a driver for this device on our instrument driver web page. What version of LabVIEW are you using? If you're using LV 8.0 have you tried communicating with the device using the Instrument IO assistant?

Sarah

Applications Engineer | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,676 Views)

My LabVIEW version is V7.01,and I try to find the driver, however I couldn't find the driver.Can I config the GPIB interface to communication with JDS PS3650? Can you give me some advice.

EZCONN TEST ENGINEER
-- --

V
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,660 Views)
Setting up the GPIB interface is trivial but if you don't have the user manual, you won't know what commands to send. Have you tried contacting JDS? Also, sometimes you can find manuals on places like e-bay or from used queipment vendors.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,657 Views)
Thanks for your help.
I have the PS3's manual,as you know i'm a new user of LabVIEW, so i don't know what I can do to config the interface.
I think it is my greatest problem.

EZCONN TEST ENGINEER
-- --

V
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,653 Views)

There are pretty detailed instructions that come with every NI GPIB controller. Basically, you first install the drivers that come with the device. IMake sure to install both NI-GPIB and NI-VISA. After the driver is installed, you can install the GPIB. Usually, a wizard will start up automatically that will verify the software and the board is correctly installed. If it doesn't, one of the software tools installed is Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). Start MAX and expand the devices and interfaces listing. Find your GPIB device, right click on it and you can select the 'Getting Started Wizard'. Follow the instructions. Assuming you have a newer GPIB device from NI, there is no configuration required. It's all plug and play. You are just verifying the device and software are installed correctly.

One of the other things you do is right click on the device and select 'Scan for Instruments'. This will find every GPIB instrument on the bus. There is also an option to then start communicating with your instrument.

When you use LabVIEW, the recomended api for GPIB instruments is VISA. These functions can be found on the Instrument I/O VISA palette. The Instrument I/O Assistant is on the Instrument I/O palette. You tell VISA which instrument you want to talk to by using a VISA Resource Name control. If you put one of these on the front panel, you would wire it to a VISA Write or VISA Read. On the front panel, you can click on the little arrow on the right side of the control to get a list of all VISA resources. VISA resources include GPIB instruments and serial ports. Select the GPIB resource that matches your instrument. You do something similar with the Instrument I/O Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,649 Views)