LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue converting Map to Array on sbRIO Target

I have been wanting make use of the new Maps datatype but I may have run into an apparent bug when running on a sbRIO 9637. 

I have a very basic Map with a String Key and a Double Value. When I try to convert my Map to an Array using a For Loop, the result is an incorrect value. When I inspect the flattened string, the bytes appear to be out of order and some missing.

This behavior does not exist when I use a Single instead of Double datatype.

I have also tested this on a 9033 cRIO and My Computer targets and they function as expected.

Can anyone else confirm this incorrect behavior on an sbRIO 9637 or any other target?

CAC10268_0-1599234421842.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,371 Views)

The problem is that you are not converting it to an array, but to a scalar. Does it work better if you enable indexing at the output? Just curious.

(but yes, I agree there seems to be a bug because your code should work too)

Does the following workaround give the right value?

altenbach_0-1599238796008.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,344 Views)

Your workaround is what I have already implemented as a temporary solution, I had disabled the indexing at the output of my for loop because I was just testing with one element. Turning indexing ON results in the same incorrect value.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,341 Views)

@CAC10268 wrote:

Turning indexing ON results in the same incorrect value.

Thanks. Good to know. I do have a sbRIO 9637, but I am working from home and it is in use, so I cannot test.

I assume that if the map contains multiple entries and you autoindex, all will be wrong, not just the first one(?)

I'll create an entry in the 2020 bug thread .

Message 4 of 8
(2,334 Views)

Correct, I was just trying to show the issue in its simplest form. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,324 Views)

It also reproduces on a RaspberryPi 4; I'm guessing it's something unique to the arm architecture.

I'd be curious to see what happens if you try sending the result to the host via some other mechanism, such as a network published shared variable, network stream, etc. It's possible this is "just" a bug with how the interactive ui works and the target side code actually behaves as expected. (Neither of these are supported on a Pi, and I don't have any other arm targets handy,)

Edit: I just did a simple "equals" comparison (which should be valid in this case despite the fact it's a floating point), and the result comes back false. I think this is a legit case of incorrect code behavior.

--------------------------------------
Message 6 of 8
(2,226 Views)

One more observation... singles work fine but I64s are also wrong. I think it probably has to do with the fact it's a larger than 4 byte numeric datatype. 

Also, for some inexplicable reason, an array of doubles (even a single element) seems to work fine.

--------------------------------------
Message 7 of 8
(2,220 Views)

We've seen this conversation and have reported this as bug #1131063 here at NI. Thanks for helping us make our product better!

C. Weeks
Product Support Engineer
NI
Message 8 of 8
(2,180 Views)