cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is typedef?

Solved!
Go to solution

Good afternoon

It is possible to know whether a reference belongs to typedef? if it is possible, you can get the path of the file that is linked?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,435 Views)

It is a scripting node, but the TypedefPath is available for a Control

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,423 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dgd.gomez

In addition to the "TypeDef?" and "TypedefPath" scripting properties there is also a VI in the vi.lib:

vi.lib\Utility\VariantDataType\ContainsTypedef.vi

This is intended to be used on a complex data structure and will tell you if it contains a type def.

Message 3 of 6
(2,395 Views)

Thank you very much for the reply. But I find what he says, you can add an VI example?

I found another forum: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Know-programmatically-if-a-control-is-a-typedef/td-p/1909897, but finds jcarmody options.

My version of LabVIEW is 12.0.f2

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,358 Views)

Hi, I keep trying to get the path but I can not. I found a linkhttp://lavag.org/topic/17702-strict-typedef-in-xnodes/ but I find the options palette XNode, in Propety Node. I am not able to find those options. No if someone can help me. Load the .vi example.

I'm new and I do not know where all things are, sorry.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,329 Views)

Do you have scripting enabled?  Go to your Tools >> Options, then the VI Server section and check the box "Show VI Scripting Functions"

Now your property nodes and invoke nodes will have a bunch of new methods.  Attached is a VI that uses those methods.

Message 6 of 6
(2,289 Views)