LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing labview with keithley source meter

Solved!
Go to solution
I want to know how can i interface keithley 2602 with labview. Can you pleae tell me the steps.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(10,462 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shikha

Hi shikha,

i think you can use the provided driver. See these links to get more information on it:

http://www.keithley.com/support/data?asset=51950

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=0D7D57B91CB0585FE0440003BA7CCD...

Mike

Message 2 of 27
(10,447 Views)
How can i check IV characterstics of diode in labview using Keithley 2602a
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(10,373 Views)
How can i check IV characterstics of diode in labview using Keithley 2602a
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(10,342 Views)

Sweep the 2602 output voltage from reverse bias to forward bias (maybe -2v to 1v) in 0.1v steps.  Read the current drain at each voltage point.  Use an XY Chart to plot the curve with X being the voltage steps and Y being the current readings.  Beware, you will get to a point in the forward bias region where the current will climb rapidly, causing a current limit condition.  Keithley calls this "compliance".  Where did they ever get that term is beyond my comprehension.

Use the Keithley Labview drivers as shown by Mike.  Sweeping is a matter of setting the voltage output in a loop, increasing the voltage on each iteration.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 5 of 27
(10,324 Views)

Thanks Thob,

Is there any sample program available on internet for iv sweep of diode using keithley?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(10,254 Views)

I don't know if there is an example or not.  Maybe you could search Keithley's website for Labview examples.  However it is very easy to write your own.  Put the vi that controls the Keithley output and the vi that reads the SMU inside a loop.  Let's say you want to increment your sweep by 0.1 volts, starting at -2 and going to +1.  Create a shift register and initialize it with -2 (I32).  Wire the left shift register to the SMU write function as the voltage to set.  Add 0.1 to the left shift register and wire the result to the right shift register.  When the loop goes to the next iteration, the SMU will be set to -2 + 0.1 = -1.9v.  Put the read function just after the write function.  You may want to put a small delay in between the write and read.  Try without the delay, then with the delay to see if there is a difference.  Try writing the code and if you have trouble, then post your code here.

- tbob

Message 7 of 27
(10,237 Views)
It seems bit confusing to me...as i am quite new to labview..is it possible for you to put vi so that i can get an idea how to proceed.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(10,209 Views)

Here is an example of how to sweep a voltage.  Each iteration will increase the voltage by 0.1.  It will start at -2 and go until the voltage reaches 1.  Then the loop stops.  Replace the sequence structures with your Keithley write and read vi's.  I don't have any Keithley vi's so I improvised.

KeithleySweep.png

- tbob

Message 9 of 27
(10,196 Views)
Thanks tbob,  but i dont understand what are these write and read vi's and how can  i plot curve using this vi
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(10,154 Views)