From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integer to Enum conversion

Ben, I would suggest that, as a courtesy to NI, and as a way to avoid losing the thread, the thread (and any others regarding scripting) should be continued in the LAVA forums. If it is continued, the text should be copied there and a link to that thread should be placed here.

> I hope to get some help from Y'all in figuring out what is with this function that can not be handled with a template that uses a To U16 and a Type cast?

It would be interesting to peek inside of the ;DNI_IntToEnum.vi and see how it handles this conversion and typecasting (if you or someone else could post it).  It has to be inside of an llb to have a semi-colon so you can just rename it with an underscore to extract it/upload it/look it.  I'm guessing it's in the addons / state diagram subdirectories somewhere.
Message 12 of 25
(2,536 Views)
Posting it is probably a bad idea since it's part of a toolset which has to be purchased.

I'd love someone to post the application builder too, but I don't think it will please NI.....

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 13 of 25
(2,533 Views)

Good point tst.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 25
(2,393 Views)
> Posting it is probably a bad idea since it's part of a toolset which has to be purchased.

In case you weren't paying attention, the function has already been posted in the above VIs that were attached (maybe another reason this thread will disappear, but anyway),  My request was more to find out what's inside of it... I don't care if someone attaches the file or posts a screenshot of the block diagram.

Besides that, posting one functional element above isn't like posting the entire toolkit so someone else wouldn't have to buy it. 

Message 15 of 25
(2,395 Views)
I had actually missed that since I don't have LV 7or higher and thus I can't open the VI (I believe it works with 7.1 only?).  I'm using LV 6.1, but the question as to whether it's a good idea to simply post it or not remains.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 16 of 25
(2,382 Views)
I will continue this topic on LAVA, provided I figure out how Smiley Happy

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 25
(2,381 Views)

I think "Coerce to Type" (with type wired to the enum) from the standard LabVIEW installation >=2009 will do it:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Default-Data-Function/idc-p/1084787#M4535

Go here to kudo the idea to put it on the palette:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Officially-Support-quot-Coerce-to-Type-quot/idi-p/121...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 25
(1,248 Views)

@d.w.b wrote:

Go here to kudo the idea to put it on the palette:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Officially-Support-quot-Coerce-to-Type-quot/idi-p/121...

FYI, the Coerce To Type was slated to be in LabVIEW 2013(?), but a major bug was found with something in OO structure.  Last I saw, it is slated to be in 2018.  But I do not work for NI, so do not take this as a promise.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 25
(1,240 Views)

Coerce to Type is in LV 2018 beta, but it doesn't do what Number to Enum.vim* does.

* In LV 2017

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 25
(1,220 Views)