From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LabPython LabView 2010

Solved!
Go to solution

Has anyone successfully installed LabPython on LabView 2010?

I attempted to install the .ogp package using VI Package Manager, and ran into a missing dependency 

ogrsc_dynamicpalette >= 2.0.

I followed the example on,

http://forums.openg.org/index.php?showtopic=1121

editing the .ogp package to change the 2.0 to 0.1, as indicated.

However, upon installation, the VI Package Manager claims that the package is not compatible with the current LabView version.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,861 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shultz58
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,810 Views)

Shultz,

I read your posts in that other thread, but still don't understand how you solved the problem (I'm having the same one).

How exactly did you " install orgs_dynamicpalette using VIPM"? Is there a separate package you have to install just for that?

A quick google hasn't found one.

Some people have suggested unzipping the .ogp, editing spec to say >=0.1 on the orgs_dynamicpalette line, rather than

2.0 and then re-zipping the folder and saving as an .ogp. For them it seems to work, but for me VIPM complains that the

result isn't compatible with anything at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
LabVIEW 2013, Windows 7

He who asks the question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask the question remains a fool forever.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,682 Views)

ogrsc_dynamicpalette should be listed in the VI Package manager by default.  Do you have the most recent version of this downloaded and installed?

VIPM.png

Message 4 of 5
(3,654 Views)

Thanks for your reply; it's always a bit dodgy posting in an old thread!

I assumed that it was already a part of the LabPython package I had, as it had appeared before but was greyed out. Now it's not there at all,

and I've honed my Google-fu and found a link to download it. Hopefully that'll work; if so, sorry for the bother and thanks, if not I'll be back with more questions no doubt! xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------
LabVIEW 2013, Windows 7

He who asks the question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask the question remains a fool forever.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,646 Views)