LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inherit from GObject or control-class

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm getting into OOP right now. And I want to know, if the following is possible.

The basic question is: Can I (re)create a graph front panel indicator myself? If this is possible, it allows anything, I want to do.

My guess, how it works, if it is possible:

First I have to create a class, which inherits from the GObject-class or even, more specific from the control class. Then I have to design a front panel element and a method or rule, which determines how to display the data wired to the FP-Indicator.

So, in the example of the graph indicator, I have to create a "vi" which takes double arrays and "paints" them on a black background.

Is this possible in general, or does this need some deep coding with tools not available to the public?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,204 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LabViewTinkerer

The closest I think you will get to what you want to do is using XControls. If you want a more OO approach, I have heard of the toolkit below but I have never used it myself.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/214228

Any XControl does technically inherit from Control class in the VI Server hierarchy but I imagine you aren't getting as much control as a LabVIEW R&D dev would get making a new front panel item.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,194 Views)