LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including the browse button in the tabbing order

Solved!
Go to solution

I am setting up a configuration dialog when my vi opens.  All fields are included in the tabbing order, however, when I get to the file picker, I am unable to activate the browse button using the keyboard.  Is there a setting for this or a way to include it in the tabbing order for when a mouse is not available? 

To be clear, the cursor enters the file path field and I can type in there, but I can not get it to focus on the browse button.

2017-02-17_9-58-10.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,176 Views)

That's a good question.  I don't see where you can get a reference to the browse button. (LV2012)

You could turn off the browse button associated with the file path control and make your own button that will popup a browse window.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,152 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jprukus75

Is there a setting for this or a way to include it in the tabbing order for

> when a mouse is not available?

Create a separate button to replace the built-in button.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,144 Views)

Thank you.  I knew this was an option, but was hoping there was a built in way to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,138 Views)

Or you can use a custom run-time menu with Ctrl+O shortcut.

The keyboard shortcut will work even if the menu is hidden.

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,123 Views)

Although I was able to get a reference to the Browse button and mess with its properties, I couldn't get it to take focus when tabbing, nor could I set toggle key binding for it.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,115 Views)

@paul_cardinale wrote:

Although I was able to get a reference to the Browse button and mess with its properties, I couldn't get it to take focus when tabbing, nor could I set toggle key binding for it.

How did you get a reference to it?  Is that something added in later versions?  If you can do that, you could tab into the path control, hit Enter (or some other key) and use a key down event to toggle the button.    

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,111 Views)

I used the Selection Change Event:

se.png

Then when I click on the Browse button (in edit mode), "SelList" spits out the reference.

I don't know a non-interactive way to get a reference to the Browse button.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,105 Views)

Will this help?

bb.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,100 Views)

Or this.bb.png