LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data logging

Hi there,

i was trying to save data from three different sensors at the end of while loop (auto indexing) in a single spread sheet. i tried conncting all the thrree using build array and then to the write to spreadsheet vi, but im not getting the result i wanted to see. can somebody help.

Regards,

tjyu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,994 Views)

What is wrong with your data format?  Could you share some code so we know what you have?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,984 Views)
Create an indicator after Build array just to ensure you have data in array and what data is present in array.
-What is the result you wanted to see and what is written to spreadsheet?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,943 Views)

I expected to see three columns each of 5000 rows as i acquired data at the rate of 1000Hz for 5 seconds instead i had 3 columns each of a single row. thanks

I eddd

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,926 Views)

You probably just stored the very first or, more likely, very last value because you didn't build your arrays correctly.  We can only guess until you post your code.  Post your VI itself, not a picture please.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,923 Views)

@tjuy wrote:

Hi there,

i was trying to save data from three different sensors at the end of while loop (auto indexing) in a single spread sheet. i tried conncting all the thrree using build array and then to the write to spreadsheet vi, but im not getting the result i wanted to see. can somebody help.

Regards,

tjyu

Sounds like you are doing it wrong. That's about all the help we can give without seeing your code.

But without seeing anything, I have to ask why are you only writing at the end of a while loop?

Assuming you are taking measurements on every iteration of your loop, you should also be writing a line of data to your file on every iteration of your loop. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,914 Views)

Hi there,

find attached is the VI. for both cases (inside and outside the Loop) i expected to see 2 columns of 176400 rows each in the file using a sampling frequency of 44100Hz running for a period of 4 seconds. for the case of outside the loop , i used shift registers to be remembering the previous stages of the wafeform. please help in both cases so that i can go for the most cost effective one (memory).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,908 Views)

Use the Export Waveforms To Spreadsheet File VI instead of the Write To Spreadsheet File.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,901 Views)

Let me guess,  You are really getting errors out of the Append Waveform.vi since the dT's do not match.  (1/44100 != 22.7e-6)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,889 Views)

The problem is not exporting the data, is all about what vi can i use to concatenate the waveforms and have them in a seperate columns in the file (was meaning saving all the waformsin one file).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,882 Views)