LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Edge Detection Question

Hello

I am trying to use the example "image edge detection" .

I have been experimenting with the example trying to detect an image edge then mask off everything else and save the area of the edge from the original file.

The goal is to be able to select a region of intrest detect the edge of that region only then save it or preview in the original color format.

I have a pretty good idea how to zoom in or grab the region of intrest but transferring the image edge area to the original image has me stumped.

I cannot use any of the vision toolkits

any help would be appretiated.
Thanks
Tim C.
1:30 Seconds ARRRGHHH!!!! I want my popcorn NOW! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,364 Views)
I have an interest in a similar project I'll be working on in the future. Unfortunately, I don't have LabView on this computer, so can't put anything together at the moment. I'll try and put something together tomorrow.

If you get a chance to post what code you have, it might be helpful. Either way, I'll take a look at the example you mentioned, and see what I can do.

Good luck, and I'll try to help as soon as I can 🙂
-Cory
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,351 Views)

Hi Tim C.,

so you will get your image without using the IMAQ Toolkit, right? Where do you have problems with the "Image edge detection.vi"? Can you already load your own picture into it? If you have the coordinates from your region of interest, use these values and extract this area from the original picture.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,344 Views)
Hi Tim,

Did you happen to work things out? I've been busier than I thought I would have been, and haven't had the time to try anything with edge detection and image manipulation. I may have the time soon, if you still have questions.

I haven't forgotten about you! 😛

Message Edited by corys on 08-06-2008 03:09 PM
-Cory
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,315 Views)
Yes, in th eprocess, look at OpenCV,  open source computer vision project from intel.
1:30 Seconds ARRRGHHH!!!! I want my popcorn NOW! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,266 Views)

Hello

Do you ever get edge detection working without IMAQ or OPen CV?

Currently experimenting with trying basic edge detection (again) in the hopes of basically auto-cropping a basic shape image to remove the excess background and then re-save the image with the excess background removed.

Thanks

Tim C.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,885 Views)

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361R-01/lvanls/convolution/

Refer to the Edge Detection with 2D Convolution VI in the labview\examples\Signal Processing\Signal Operation directory for an example of using the Convolution VI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,880 Views)