LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what has happened to the timely LabVIEW updates?

We - my company - used to get quarterly LabVIEW updates.  This was started with LabVIEW 8.5.  Then it became annually.  Then due to "NI got to save $1 program" - sorry, "To reduce our environmental impact, we deliver updated versions of our software digitally" bull - we never heard from NI again.  This year, when I noticed that we hadn't had any update since 2017, I contacted NI. They had me jump through a few hoops on their site and I got the "latest" release last month as a thumb drive ... LabVIEW Professional 2018 SP none. 

I understand the latest is 2019 SP1.  So for having to convince my bosses every year that they need to spend thousand of dollars for our annual SSP contract, why am I having to stay on top of NI now to get the correct versions?

Back in the day, I felt that NI engineering and management was concerned about their product and their customers.  Now it seems the penny-pinchers are in control.  Save $1 today even though it costs $5 in the future.

Thanks for letting me rant before I have to justify next year's SSP renewal.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,731 Views)

I've most recently been downloading the SP1 installers, but I seem to remember that LabVIEW Updates will also handle what I think are called Upgrades, but you have to ask for the Upgrades (after you choose, or not, updates).

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(1,703 Views)