LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon editor text squinching when add some glyphs

Solved!
Go to solution

In LV2015sp1 icon editor, I get problems where the text compresses and tries to fit into the vertical space of one of the glyphs in the image. Example attached.

Often happens when adding a VI to a lvlib and applying the lvlib icon, or when modifying an icon on a vi that's been created as Save A Copy.

Happens fairly often, and is frustrating to work around (basically I either remove the glyph or hand-redraw the glyphs and the text behaves normally). How to fix or prevent?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,943 Views)

I reported this and posted it on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange here.  I was told that this had been fixed, verified that it seemed to be fixed, but then found it wasn't fixed.  I did not manage to follow up at NI Week 2016, but hope to do so at NI Week 2017.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,904 Views)

Nope, not fixed. And your Idea was closed, so I can't upvote it. I haven't verified that LV2016 has the same problem.

Did you ever find a workaround? Deleting the layer with the glyph and redrawing the glyph on another old layer (can't be a new layer) is the only thing that works for me consistently.

@Bob_Schor wrote:

I reported this and posted it on the LabVIEW Idea Exchange here.  I was told that this had been fixed, verified that it seemed to be fixed, but then found it wasn't fixed.  I did not manage to follow up at NI Week 2016, but hope to do so at NI Week 2017.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,895 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lgc102

Well, I did find a work-around.  What I was trying to do was to create an Icon Template for an Icon that I saw Aristos Queue use -- the Icon looked like a While Loop, and was mnemonic for a VI that ran (as a loop) asynchronously.  Here's a picture of one of my "Loop" VIs (it displays Video images), the Template I wanted to use, and the "workaround" Template I ended up using.Loop Template.png

You'll notice that the template has a double-thick rounded border (like a While Loop), with arrow.  If I made a template that looked like the middle one, the text tried to insert itself between the bottom two lines (bad!).  So I made a one-line-on-the-bottom template (last example), and when I select it, I draw in the additional bottom line (it appears as a Layer), and all is well.

The "trick" is to avoid double lines on the bottom (they are fine on the top).  You also want to do the minimum amount of "hand-fixing" (I only needed to draw one obvious line).

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 5
(2,886 Views)

For work around, have you tried removing the template?

or use a simple 32x32 square frame?

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,878 Views)