Icon Editor - no templates, no glyphs

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks

It's running ...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,222 Views)

Repaire done ... still no Glyphs (except archive that I downloaded from NI site), no templates.

I've xecuted this option (please, see the screenshot below), then rebooted PC.

LabView_repair.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,212 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pavel_47

Hi there,

Strange that the repair does not work .. Since you have 2015 I guess you have SSP. Two advices:

- contact your local NI representative and open a SR

- install 2015 SP1

Hope that helps. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,182 Views)

Ok, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,175 Views)

One reason this can happen is because the installed icon location is based on a logged in users folder.  So if you log in as a different user then the icons are gone. Here is an idea to have a shared folder location for icons.

Message 15 of 17
(2,146 Views)

Thanks,

It's exactly the case. I've found Glyph folder in another location ... and there it has subfolders.

The problem is I installed LabView when I had no yet account on the PC.

Then our System Administrator created my private account on the PC and that's why some LabView features don't work proiperly.

So, probably I should reinstall LabView from my account, as I suppose that Icon-related staff is only a minor problem that I can meet working with LabView.

Also concerning Glyph folder, once the "good" one is managed to be shared, what should I change in LabView config in order to take into account this modifications (form this link it isn't clear

Message 16 of 17
(2,136 Views)

I solved the problem by copying the files from the link http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6453/en/ in the folder \ Documents \ LabVIEW Data \ Icon Templates \

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,049 Views)