From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get the error code 87 with System Exec VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to launch a program (vibrometra) from labview. In the attached image it is possible to see the command line that I am using. In the path i am specifying the location of the executable file. 

I have checked that it is possible to open vibrometra program using this path with the "Run" window.. 

So I don't know what should I write in the command field..

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,891 Views)

Is that error a LabVIEW error or an error in the system exec window?  The LabVIEW error 87 is a variant conversion error, which does not make since to me.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(4,874 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jess1006

Do you have a space in cmd/k (correct: cmd /k)? Though without space LV2011 gives me error 2, not 87

Also do you need to open command window (cmd)? I usually specify full path (path and exe name) as a command, no problem. Working directory is not requred then.

Edit: Full path in quotes not to have problems with spaces

"C:\Program Files\prog\prog.exe"

Message 3 of 4
(4,854 Views)

It was an error coming from labview. I am able to actually launch the program writing exactly the same full path in the command field (including file.exe).

Thanks very much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,834 Views)