cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write data to a *.mf4 file Using LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I want to capture XCP data and store to a mf4 file.

It is easy to read and write mf4 file by DIAdem 2019 , but when it comes to LabVIEW , I don't know how to deal with mf4 file .

Please help me , thanks.

JoJo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,697 Views)
Message 2 of 7
(2,667 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JoronoJobana

Don't expect too much from the .mf4 plugin. It works for small files but crashes if files get bigger. We notified NI about it with no response. We could not use it in our app so we had to develop a library using external dll.

Lucian
CLA
Message 3 of 7
(2,619 Views)

Hi wiebe ,

I am Appreciate to recieve your reply .

Actually , I want to record XCP data to an mf4 file and my colleagues can use the data by Vector CANape.

An mf4 file contains many signals which consist of attributes like "t","signal value","signal name","signal length"....and so on . But we can only read or write value of "t" and "signal value" by using DataPlugin , so that the mf4 file I created will not store the other attributes , which cause people except me can not understand the meaning of these values.

JoJo

BestRegards . 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,585 Views)

Hi LucianM ,

Thanks for your advice .

Could you share your  external dll or method to develop the lib to me ?

Thanks a lot .

JoJo

BestRegards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,582 Views)

Unfortunately I cannot share the wrapper VIs that we made but I can tell you that we used the dll from here.

Initially there was only a COM interface available but after some discussion with the developer he was nice enough to add a standard C interface which we used. I recommend to use this one instead of the COM.

Lucian
CLA
Message 6 of 7
(2,575 Views)

Hi LucianM ,

I must be the one who had saved the world in my preexistence so that I can be lucky enough to meet you : )) !

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help .

JoJo

Best regards to you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,565 Views)