From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use previous and next buttons in front panel

Hi to Every One

I'm new to labview and I'm using 8.6 version of 2008. In my project I have to do presentations using labview(front panel) as a slide. Since, I have N number of slides I want to make use of previous and next button in which is located at( controls-->modern-->navigation controls). When ever I try to make use of it, It use to prompt the message as"Place this VI in a library to use navigation buttons". Can you plz help me?

Regards

Hemalatha.S   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,272 Views)

This seems to be a LabVIEW question, thus belongs in the LabVIEW board. (I see if I can have it moved)

The palette items (navigation controls) you mention are not stock LabVIEW. Do you have some toolkit installed? Is it intstalled correctly?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,263 Views)

Thank you for your replay. I have installed the software correctly. U can also find the palette items (navigation controls) in 10.0(32 bit) version of 2010 edition.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,234 Views)

See here for the Help on the Navigation buttons.

They appear to be a new feature for DSC and embedded apps. I never used them so if you figure them out, share what you learned and give us you opinion.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 5
(3,227 Views)

Ah, that explains it. I don't have the DSC or touchpanel module. They are definitely not part of plain vanilla LabVIEW professional. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,204 Views)