LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Runtime version of LabView in linux?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am new to LabView and Linux. Recently, I have installed LabView 2018 on Ubuntu. I want to know that how to execute directly my project files with extension ".vi" using runtime version of LabView?

Screenshot of version is attached. Any suggestion will be appriciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Syed Abuzar 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(7,747 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abuzar963

Hi,

Sorry, but what you're describing is impossible. See this article for more details: Run LabVIEW VIs with LabVIEW Run-Time Engine

You can instead build an application and run that with the Runtime. A description is in the linked post. Does that help you?

GCentral
Message 2 of 16
(7,704 Views)

Thank you so much for your reply. It is very helpful to me and i have seen tutorials about that. Application builder is acceptable solution.

Regards,

Syed Abuzar

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(7,593 Views)

Hi,

I have just installed LabView (Linux supported version) on my laptop and its working fine. Recently I installed it on ARM cortex-A9 processor (zynq 7z020) and successfully installed all packages after converting .rpm packages to .deb packages.

Problem : when I run the executable in terminal, It shows following error : "Cannot execute binary file"

This error is due to mismatch of architecture, because version of LabView supported for amd64 architecture and I am running it on ARM.

I also try to install wine to run executable, but wine is also not supported on ARM.

Requirement : Kindly provide me the executable binary for ARM architecture. 

Thanks and Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(7,567 Views)

Hi abuzar,

please stick with one thread for the same problem!

You need to install LabVIEW with the right compilers for your target. Are you using any NI hardware at all?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 5 of 16
(7,554 Views)

I think you're going to have significant problems running on ARM.

These links might get you started, but I haven't used any of them:

Manual for LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM, v1.1

LabVIEW Embedded Module for ARM Downloads

Forum post discussing ARM post 2012 LabVIEW - conclusion, NI says you should not use ARM and instead use something like cRIO or sbRIO

Sorry for what is probably not great news.

GCentral
Message 6 of 16
(7,536 Views)

No, i am just using LabView for GUI. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(7,529 Views)

Hi Abuzar,

what is "LabVIEW for GUI"?

Please show a screenshot of MAX and it's "Software" subtree! (I hope you got that on Linux as well.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 8 of 16
(7,527 Views)

Hi  cbutcher,

Thank you so much for your reply. Actually i am working on Linux system and the links you shared on post are supported by windows only.

I will also work on that. If i found any solution, i will definitely post here.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(7,524 Views)

This is the sample program, which i want to run on ARM processor (Zedboard Zynq 7z020clg484). Data received through ethernet is displayed on this GUI.

This is working fine on ubuntu 18 on laptop and also on Windows.

Screenshot from 2019-08-20 12-41-12.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(7,520 Views)