LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Real time execution trace toolkit with Dual-core processor??

hi there

the situation as follows:

i have a computer (PC and Laptop) types with Dual-core processors, and am trying to do simulation using Multi-core technology and based on different simulation scenarios...starting from sequantial processing,.......Piple lining processing strategy. so that i can differentiate the time delay between those types of processing based on (Using 1 processor then dual-core processor Computers)

my question is: As i read through Ni's white papers i saw many notes refer to Real-time execution trace toolkit to investigate the (processing-time , etc) of multi-core processors in processing diffenent algorithms. My algorithms are to be run on 1 computer with dual-core processor BUT, not in real time environments, that is ( No hardware to be connected to my pc) only algorithms running on my pc....

So, is it possible to use Real time execution trace toolkit  or anyother tools in LabVIEW to show processing-delays and/or anyother timing critical issues without using my application for  real- time hardware.???

in other words: how to use Real time execution trace toolkit  in non-hardware and/or real-time scenarios???

please help me in this.

Any suggestion, comments, feedback.....is absolutely highly appreciated

thanks a lot in advance

Labview Lover

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,365 Views)

Hey,

The Realtime Execution Trace Toolkit only works for NI RT Targets.

But you can use the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit, just search for it under ni.com.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,336 Views)