LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referenced memory could not be read - error

Hey, In an application on stop command, I exit from labivew on exit I get an error the referenced memory could not be read click ok to terminate program can any one suggest why this error is seen

how this can be resolved?

enclosed a screen shot of error

Regards

anil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,273 Views)

Hi anil,

Which version of LV u r using. Wat is your application. Can you give us some more information ??

Koushik

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,267 Views)
hey kaush,
i am using labview 8.6, and the application is used for calibrating sernors which involves talking to instruments and acquire data.
when i exit labview using quit labview function i get this error
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,260 Views)
Have a look at this thread.  It may or may not be related, but it may be worth reading.
Message 4 of 6
(3,148 Views)

I got the same problem with an LabView application built with 8.6.1 but not with 8.5.1  The exe works very well until the EXIT-function. Other selfmade applications doesn't have this.

I use only the database connectivity functions in all apps. Only the instruction adress is different on other pc. The problem is only on the pcs with the runtime engine.

Any idea?

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,107 Views)

Hi AndreasC,

This error message occurs when LabVIEW memory space goes corrupt and is often due a DLL or CIN code.

There can be two reasons for this:

1. Try removing all DLL calls in your code and see if it works. Most of the time, the corruption is traced to a call to a DLL function that has incorrectly passed inputs to the Call Library Function node, often by passing an uninitialized string or array, or by writing past the bounds of the string or array in the DLL function. Some DLL functions assume that a string buffer is presized to 256 bytes, 1 KB, or some other size. If a smaller sized string buffer is passed, the DLL can write past the buffer and corrupt the dataspace that follows.

2. This error can also be caused when running a LabVIEW built executable. If the VI calls a WinAPI DLL function and uses the full path to the DLL in the Call Library Function Node, the LabVIEW Application Builder will create a copy of the DLL in the data directory of the executable. Some DLLs such as WinAPI DLLs should only reside in one location, such as C:\WINDOWS\system32, otherwise errors/crashes can occur when called. To prevent this, remove the DLL path in the Call Library Function Node when calling WinAPI DLLs.

Some users have faced similar problems and the above solutions have worked for them.

Here are the links to those discussions:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=67230&requireLogin=False
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=229434&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Regards,

Ujjval

Message 6 of 6
(3,081 Views)