LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master and slave problem

Hi Everyone,

When I try to use the MAster and slave template which is provided by the NI itself, try to understand it how it works, but when  I use this concept to implement in my code, just found there is the problem at there:
Problem:

1. The master loop always looping even though there do have a notification from the master to slave but the slave do not respond anything, can't figure the reason.

2. When the master loop is exit then the slave loop just start to execute but it is too late cos master loop already exit.

Those senario are different from the master and slave template. need your help.

Thanks

William Lee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,402 Views)
Not sure what you mean by the first, but the second sounds like a timing issue. It would be a lot easier to determine if you could upload your code.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,387 Views)

Hi Williamlee,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments, 

It would be much easier if we could see your code, this will help us work out where the issue is, and to help us understand where you maybe having issues... 

Also I would like to include some more information with regards to the Master/Slave template.Developer Zone article : Application Design Patterns : Master/Slave and also a webcast on Software Design Architectures in NI LabVIEW

Kind regards,

Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,355 Views)