From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to take time measurement for waveform.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have simulated square wave signal from which I have to measure time period continuously..automatic time measurement for a single cycle....

For example, I have square wave and I need to measure time period and display it without assigning any external cursors...I need automatic measurement of it...

'' A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it''...........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,255 Views)

Have you looked into triggering? You might start with "Basic Level Trigger Detection.vi". If you know the threshold and desired slope, this will return the time where the threshold was crossed. Do it twice and subtract to get a delta-t for a square wave.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,241 Views)

My VI is general Square wave, I just need to place cursors which reads the value of time period automatically.

'' A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it''...........
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,215 Views)

Is this what you mean?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,211 Views)

This is my VI...

I need to measure and display time period for one individual cycle.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,203 Views)

I don't have LV13, can you post you .vi in LV12 ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,197 Views)

At present i dont have LV12 in my PC.

Can u please explain me how to find time period of single cycle of 1D array of data.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,189 Views)

Well, you need to compare previous values to current value and detect if it passes a threshold (which you decide). 

There are functions for this, so if your data is "easy" changed into eg waveform, then do that instead of re-inventing peroid detect.

Without knowing your code, i can't be more specific...

you can save in earlier versions Smiley Happy

save for previous version.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,183 Views)

Okay i will try for that..

this is converted VI.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,180 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Msony

is this what you want? 

(i just added the period detect to your vi)

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,177 Views)