From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to see all LabVIEW build errors instead of just one?

Hello,
I am building a packed library in LabVIEW, and there have been three build errors already.  I don't know how many are to come because LabVIEW only tells me about one at a time.
So I fix the most recent error, try to build, get told about one more error, and repeat.
Is there a way to get all of the build errors at once so that I can have a better idea of how much work it would take to resolve them?
Build Error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(679 Views)

On the advanced page, you can check to "generate a build log". Maybe it will give you more information.

What do you get if you "generate a preview" on the last page?

altenbach_0-1679356774317.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(647 Views)

Thank you altenbach.  I will try this later when I build the project again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(606 Views)

Do you have access to VI Analyzer? (It's included in the "Pro" license.)

You can try the build log, but I think the build actually aborts after it hits an error. I don't believe you can get "all errors" because the process stops when the count hits 1. However, if the problems are similar to the one you've shown then I believe running static code analysis (VI Analyzer) on the project should help identify the issues before the build starts.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(598 Views)