LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save the details entered?

Solved!
Go to solution

I am attaching a VI. It requires the selection of the file from the computer and entering other details. I need to save the details entered for further use so that when I close and open the VI again then I don't need to enter the details every time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(2,373 Views)

Hi Neha,

@Neha987 wrote:

I need to save the details entered for further use so that when I close and open the VI again then I don't need to enter the details every time.

And what is the problem?

Save the "details" data into a file and load this file upon start of your VI…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(2,365 Views)

I recommend using a configuration (ini) file.  There is a nice library you can use in the File I/O->Config File VIs palette.  But this gives a nice key-value relationship in a text file that you can edit before loading your program.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(2,356 Views)

How about something like this?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(2,343 Views)

My last example is simple, but requires new a file interpretation every time you change something. So I also suggest you go the ini-way. Or, download the excellent JSONtext from VIPM and you will have a lot more flexibility. But for your example, ini-file is enough.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(2,335 Views)

How to create ini file. I am not able to create it. I went through some tutorials but I couldn't create.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(2,282 Views)

Hi Neha,

@Neha987 wrote:

How to create ini file. I am not able to create it. I went through some tutorials but I couldn't create.

Where did you fail?

Which error do you get?

Which example VI from example finder did you use as starting point?

Where did this example VI fail?

Which tutorials did you go through?

WHY don't you attach your VI (even when it gives errors)?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(2,277 Views)

How to continue in order to get the fields to get filled automatically when the vi is running. Path should be filled with the path provided in the block diagram. Project name should be 'SHL15.cbp' . Application name and the functional name should be 'shl15' each. I basically don't want to enter the details everytime I run the vi. It should just retain the information and by just running the vi the required information should get entered.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(2,250 Views)

Hi Neha,

@Neha987 wrote:

How to continue in order to get the fields to get filled automatically when the vi is running. Path should be filled with the path provided in the block diagram. Project name should be 'SHL15.cbp' . Application name and the functional name should be 'shl15' each. I basically don't want to enter the details everytime I run the vi. It should just retain the information and by just running the vi the required information should get entered.

Did you take any of those Training resources, offered to you several times by now?

This is very basic LabVIEW stuff:

check.png

When that control should show those values ALWAYS you might think about setting some default data - which again is very basic LabVIEW stuff…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(2,244 Views)

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(2,227 Views)