cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset plot properties in graph

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

When a Labview graph is populated by data for the very first time, the plot attributes (color, line style,...) are automatically generated by Labview.

Imagine that the user changes the way the plot looks to his own liking. Let's say plot 0 was blue and he makes it green.

Now he loads up a new set of data in the graph, the color of plot 0 will still be green.

I'd like Labview to reattribute random colors to the plots the way it did when data where loaded in the graph for the very first time. 

How can I do that?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,766 Views)

You can set plot properties using property nodes. Just set the Active Plot property to 0,1,2,etc and then set the other parameters and they will be set for the active plot.

Something I like to do to make this easier, is create the plot how I want it, then use a For loop to read all of the properties that I want and save that array of properties for future use.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,764 Views)

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, I was secretly hoping there was an easier and automatic way to force Labview to regerenate default plot properties...

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,755 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author peper2001

Just like any other control in LabVIEW, the properties that you manually change stick around.Now, you can have your plot be set up to be the default colors and attributes and it will load that way every time the VI loads. If you pull the initial attributes when your VI first loads, you can then use those reset everything programmatically whenever you want.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,747 Views)

OK, thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,736 Views)

Thanks are best given in the form of Kudos and Marked Solutions (Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines). You seem semi-active here and have gotten help before, so I would suggest going back and giving due thanks. This attribute of the forum is what keeps us motivated to help! Smiley Wink

Cheers

Message 6 of 7
(3,731 Views)

And one kudos for the motivation...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,724 Views)