From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read windows memory for data transfer

The hardware driver may write the data into windows memory. May I know how LV can read from the memory(100M/s).

Also they may send a windows message for data ready. May I know how LV get this message.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,550 Views)

Accessing the memory of a driver is usually done by mapping the memory similar to opening a file.

That is about as much as i can say with the limited spec you posted.

Give us more info and we may be of more assitance.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(2,544 Views)

For the first part you really need to provide more information. Are you getting a pointer so you at least know where to look? You will most likely need to make use of the MoveBlock CIN function so you can get into LabVIEW.

For the second part, I would suggest looking at the Windows Message Queue Library example.

Message 3 of 4
(2,527 Views)

The other side is developing a driver to receive realtime data from Lan port(100M/s), then pass data to LV.

They may use winpcap driver to receive the data from Lan port.

For LV, what now the desgin is, use windows message or polling the driver's dll function to trigger or check when new data come.

To read the new data, may need to read windows memory, they are flexible, can provide pointer or else. Also can pass by function return value by dll, but the realtime data volumn may be too big.

Any suggestion, thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,508 Views)