From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open pdf in labview

How to open pdf in labview?

please help me

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,266 Views)

Hm, either you implement your own PDF reader using LV (essentially a parser for the file format "PDF") or you "simply" call a PDF Reader application programmatically.

Simply in quotation marks as you got to know the API of that reader application.....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,263 Views)

Start here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10952

Unrelated, this comes up frequently enough (I seem to see PDF handling about once / week), I think NI should consider offering some native support for PDFs...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,255 Views)
Is platform\browser.llb no longer shipping with LabVIEW? That has worked for years and years. I don't have access to LabVIEW right now.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,230 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
Is platform\browser.llb no longer shipping with LabVIEW? That has worked for years and years. I don't have access to LabVIEW right now.

It is right in vi.lib where it belongs in 2013

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,221 Views)

Unfortunatly, most of the PDF questions I have seen recently aren't simply "How do I launch another application in Windows" 🙂

Edit: What Jeff and Dennis were getting at in their own way is that you can easily launch adobe reader to display a pdf if that is your only goal.  See: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/68A6F2A00872837E862576940059C142

I am also quite certain you could find an ActiveX object that would just display PDFs as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,203 Views)

I played with it... there is an ActiveX control called AcroPDF that comes default with Adobe Reader.  It works fine inside of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,184 Views)