LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open .MAX extension file.

hello friends... I have a binary file with a .MAX extension, created by ECG machine. I can't open in normal mode. I tried with LabView to read that file. results obtained are not satisfactory. it is attached here. please, someone, help me to read that file and extract data from that file. 

thank you 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,489 Views)

Unfortunately your message is lacking a lot of information.  Like what is a MAX file and what is the brand/model of the ECG machine that makes it.  I don't know what "normal mode" means for a file.  You could have possibly even attach a small example of the data file.

What you need to do is read the manual for the machine and see what is says about how the data is saved.  Or contact the manufacturer.  There is no way you can read it in a way that makes sense until you know how they structured the data within it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,460 Views)

hi.. thank you for a reply. In my case .max extension will not open any other application which is produced by ECG machine. sorry, I don't know which ECG machine was that. Usually, machines will produce result data in ASCII, xml, html etc (normal mode) format. but here, it directly saves the file to a memory card in the .max format. please help me to resolve this issue.    

Note: .max file will not support to upload here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,436 Views)

hi sir, here is the file with .max extension.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,433 Views)

If you open it up in Notepad++ you can see some English words in there, but a lot of other characters and control characters.  So that tells me this is some sort of hybrid file where there is a specific protocol on how to read it.  But there is no way of guessing that format from looking at the file.

You'll have to contact the manufacturer and see if they have any details about how the file is structured.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,427 Views)

It's tricky without knowing where the data came from.

Any chance it was one of these?  https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/products/sensors/MAX-ECG-MONITOR.html/tb_tab0

If that's the right platform, you should find some software and documentation at the manufacturer's website. 

---------------------
Patrick Allen: FunctionalityUnlimited.ca
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,422 Views)

thank you all...these methods are not helpful. we are trying to open in Linux with code operating mode. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,398 Views)