LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make a sinosoidal signal to dc signal ?

I need to make a sin signal converted in to a dc signal,how can I do this in LabVIEW pls help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,826 Views)

Hi tendoraj,

please define your "dc signal"! To ask for conversion of "sin signal" to "dc signal" is way to vague…

Do you need the RMS value of your sine signal? Then just calculate it!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,804 Views)

Actually I have made a function generator in LabVIEW  ,and I take a sinusoidal signal from that function generator through NI PXI system using DAQ assistant ,now I want to make that sinusoidal signal to dc signal how can I do this ?? 

I am using a filter to convert this but this give me a different things.

I have attached my program pic.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,793 Views)

Hi tendoraj,

apart from attaching huge image files you still didn't define your "dc signal"! (Do you know how to make screenshots in Windows using PrtScr key?)

What is the input signal (with no filters applied)?

What is the expected output signal after applying any kind of filter?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,787 Views)

I know about screenshot but I don't have internet in my system that's why I take a picture,,,ok 

And my input signal is a sinusoidal signal ,,,

I want to make it a like a transient response type signal (but it's give me something different type result)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,782 Views)

You could pass your signal through a low-pass filter.  As you probably (don't?) know, there is a relationship between the "corner frequency" of a low-pass filter and the "delay" (or "lag") between changes in the input signal and when those changes can be seen on the filtered version.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,760 Views)

Question about what DC formulated in an other way:

The DC 'voltage' should follow what type of information:

Peak value (or amplitude) , RMS value , or ??

Please be more specific what you want to measure.

Some sort of response function?  Like: I exite my device with sine of amplitude A and frequency f  and the response is amplitude ratio (response/excitation)  over frequency?   or response amplitude over exiting amplitude at const. frequency?

Or??

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,754 Views)

Yes I pass the signal through the low pass filter,,but still the desired result is not coming,,,it's give me some thing different,,,,what can I do ??

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,735 Views)

Thanks for your valuable comments,

I need the amplitude value,,i want to make my output curve a constant acrros the time(parallel to the x axis) axis with some amplitude,,,, frequency may be varry but it should be small change,,,,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,734 Views)