LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version of lab VIEW 2014 SP1 in the same machine?

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to have the two versions because my pc is 64 bit, but it cant function with 

LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module

and

LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

this two apps funtion with lab VIEW 2014SP1 32bit

also in the forum i see that it can be posible, check out the question numer 6

"Q. Can I have both LabVIEW 32-bit and LabVIEW 64-bit installed on the same 64-bit machine?
A. Yes."

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/71E9408E6DEAD76C8625760B006B6F98

Please Help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,758 Views)

Just install both.

Is there a specific reason you are installing the 64 bit version?  Unless you are doing some high end stuff that needs the extra memory, there generally is no advantage for programming in 64-bit LabVIEW at this time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,752 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Rhico

I suspect that the majority of LabVIEW installations on Windows consists of 32-bit LabVIEW running on a 64-bit Windows OS (mostly Windows 7, 8, and 10).  As you noted, all of the toolkits have 32-bit versions, and many do not have 64-bit versions (though that is changing).  If you do not need the Large Memory model (and have the memory to support it), I'd recommend sticking to 32-bit LabVIEW.  You will have less room for Confusion and Error.

Bob Schort

Message 3 of 15
(4,751 Views)

Nowadays it is an understandable "reflex" that if we see an application, we always go for the x64 version installer. This is different in case of LV. I think NI.com should really give an explicit "dragons ahead" warning when someone tries to download/install LV x64, and explaining properly that only in special cases you need to install x64 version...

I just see so often confused people in this forum...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,706 Views)

can you post the link for the download of labVIEW 2014 32 bit? please

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,687 Views)

Yes thats why i want to download the 32 bit version, can you post the link for  the download?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,684 Views)

Rhico

Please keep in mind that, if LV 64 and the Toolkit are already installed, you will need to reinstall the toolkit on top of LV 32 bits, so you can have access to it from both environments.

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,636 Views)

Dude, I guess it's impossible to do that!

Once for all!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,627 Views)

@Vidasll wrote:

Dude, I guess it's impossible to do that!

Well, this certainly helped the OP, "Dude". It is actually totally possible what the OP wants, you can have both bitness version installed on the same machine...

Message 10 of 15
(4,621 Views)