LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import labVIEW codes to different editor (KitEditor in EA eDIPTFT70-A)

Solved!
Go to solution

bug send

Labview 4.0, 5.0, 6.1, 8.6, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014
If you do not know something, ask me.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(736 Views)

bug send

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(736 Views)

Thanks a ton again for your Support and dedication!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(730 Views)

@Gayatri4 wrote:

I would be more glad if you can explain the working of the VI .

What part isn't clear? It's VISA, with formatting of data to send. You need to understand all of this before you have any change of successfully making this driver.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(719 Views)

Yes,I will learn and understand about VISA before implementing your VI to send data to the EA eDIPTFT70-A

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(713 Views)

I have a basic doubt. Directly connecting the display USB cable to port (for e.g COM3) is enough to get the Interface bv VISA right? Since, in 'VISA Serial' function  , we can select the port COM3(under VISA resource name)to  where the Display EA eEDIPTFT70-A USB cable is connected. This is enough to have the physical Interface between LabVIEW and the Display EA eDIPTFT70-A (excluding the LabVIEW VISA VI code)?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(691 Views)
Solution
Accepted by enthusiast4
Spoiler
Directly connecting the display USB cable to port (for e.g COM3) is enough to get the Interface bv VISA right?

If inside in NI-MAX COM3 is present, then this is enough. The only condition for normal operation is to close COM-port when you stop VI. And do not use the Abort button.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(680 Views)

Can someone help me tell me what is the datatype of 'type'  in typecast (blue part in the image) , how to find it and what 255 is doing? I am not able to understand the logicPS:I am a novice in LabVIEW and trying to learn.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(675 Views)
Solution
Accepted by enthusiast4

Operation Typecast converts data from one type to another without processing. Here at the input is an array of bytes (obtained from a string), which must be converted into an array of words. Here, you could also do with the "Menu Programming / Numeric / Conversion / To unsigned long integer" transformation. It is best to do this, because in the first case the calculation of the checksum may be incorrect, as I now think. The number 255 is simply a default value, which is assigned to a non-empty array element. In this case, the array is empty, this value can be any, does not affect. The meaning of the conversion is that the sum of the byte array will exceed the number 255, which is the maximum number for the byte. Therefore, the bit depth of the representation must be increased, at least up to U16. An array of constants in this case is used only to indicate the type to which the input data is converted. Therefore, its contents can be any.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(669 Views)

@Borjomy wrote:

The meaning of the conversion is that the sum of the byte array will exceed the number 255, which is the maximum number for the byte. Therefore, the bit depth of the representation must be increased, at least up to U16. An array of constants in this case is used only to indicate the type to which the input data is converted. Therefore, its contents can be any.

Why? You immediately mask the most significant 24 bits anyhow! 

Just let the rollover happen in the sum array elements and cast to string.  (Unless you charge on a per-primitive basis, of course.  Then its dandy!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(649 Views)