LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement wafer mapping using LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LabVIEW Masters!

I am having an incoming project which includes controlling and gathering information from a PROBER. One of the difficulties I am having now is how to implement a WAFER MAP using LabVIEW. According to my customer requirements, the wafer element ranges from 6k to 23k. I guess doing all the element (one die = one led ctl/indicator) will be a hell of a task, especially on how to effectively manipulate each elements. Does anyone have better idea on how to this?

Please, I badly need your help.. Smiley Embarassed

Thanks and Regards,

Dennis DG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(14,210 Views)

Hi Dennis!

So, do I get this right - a wafer map is a 2d intensity plot?

What do you mean with "how to effectively manipulate each elements"?

Do you just want to increment the elements or do you also want to do other operations ?

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(14,206 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I might have a complete and running program for you:

check.png

😄

I'm using an intensity graph to display the mapping data. You can set limits for each PROBER measurement, the program evaluates all measurements done for each chip on the wafer...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(14,196 Views)

Hello Alex!

Thank you for your response!

Actually, using 2d intensity graph never come into my mind, as I'm not to familiar in using it.

I need to store values on each element such as store the results, the bins, etc.

My customer also request me that if the cursor hover on the wafer map, he wants the x,y corrdinates to be displayed.

He also wants to select some elements in the wafer map and come up with the coordinate values to do some testing.

Best Regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(14,186 Views)

Hello GerdW!

I think this is the idea/solution I am referring to!! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Is it okay if you send to me the working VI also? As I am not too familiar in using intensity graph.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,

Dennis

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(14,185 Views)

Hi Dennis,

Is it okay if you send to me the working VI also?

No, it's not ok. I made that program for my customer...

As I am not too familiar in using intensity graph.

That's no reason to hand over programs for free...

My customer also request me that if the cursor hover on the wafer map, he wants the x,y corrdinates to be displayed.

I also have such a feature. Did you notice the little yellow cursor near the center of the wafer? One could easily change that to use a MouseMove event instead...

He also wants to select some elements in the wafer map and come up with the coordinate values to do some testing.

That's related to the cursor thing...

Some points:

- You have a customer that pays you. Why should I offer work for free?

- You can send me contact dates of your customer, I will make him an offer... 😄

- When you take an job to provide software you should be able to code the software...

- The VI(s) are now some years old. I didn't code so well back those days and don't want to hand out those VIs as they are right now.

- I included some "license management" deep inside that program, I would have to remove this and spend time on testing afterwards...

- The VIs are based on the PROBER output format used by the customer. All the file handling has to be changed for/by you...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(14,173 Views)
Solution
Accepted by denshie

Hi Dennis,

this wafer map GerdW posted appears to me like some sort of histogram (e.g. http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4158/en#toc3);

altenbach posted this very well example which shows how to use an intensity plot to create a 2d histogram:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Overlay-plots-as-intensity-graph/m-p/211222#M119248

Learn how it works and try to adapt it to your specific task!

Alex

Message 7 of 11
(14,152 Views)

Hello GerdW,

Thanks anyways for the advice. I think I can come up base on it. Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(14,143 Views)

Hello Alex!

Your help is much appreciated!! Thank you very giving me some nice idea!! Smiley Wink Smiley Happy

More power!

Best Regards,

Dennis DG 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(14,140 Views)

Hello GerdW, 

The program you posted is almost exactly what I want my program to look like. I am trying to do PL mapping. Do you think you could send me your code? I am having a hard time with the intensity graph. 

Thanks,

Mayurb

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(12,378 Views)