LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get waveforms directly through VISA

Solved!
Go to solution

Its already attached in the thread i think. You have not seen the thread completely. Yes actually then i need to put the video to upload it, in order to make my points cleared.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 51
(960 Views)

You're right.  It was in the first message.  The "wall" of video distracted me which didn't show anything.  Also the wall of C code.  Even if I had seen the attachment in the first post, I would have been concerned about having the latest VI as they can tend to change as other attempts and revisions are made.

Looking at your last attachment:

Why do you have a zero wired to Bytes to Read at the VISA Read?

You aren't going to acquire any data doing that!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 51
(954 Views)

If i put 10 or any other byte there such as (1,10,1000) i cannot even run my Program. Yes, if i put 0 my program runs. Atleast i get my program run and get the desire waveform on physical oscilloscope as shown in video.

I actually need that waveform which is showing in Oscilloscope on my Labview. Still unsuccessfull i do alot of changes seeing tutorials but 😞

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 51
(942 Views)

This error " -1073807339" is a timeout error and it is returned because the device does not respond appropriately.

The most commons reasons for this are:

- inappropriate serial settings: Check if you configured the driver to what the device is expecting (usually 8N1 with 9600 Baud (8 Data bits, No parity, 1 Stop bit). Check the device's manual!

-inappropriate serial cable: Check the device's manual!

-the wrong port is chosen:

It might be helpful to use MAX to test the VISA serial connection first; you got more possibilities to ensure a working connection with the device.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 51
(939 Views)

@REFNH wrote:

This error " -1073807339" is a timeout error and it is returned because the device does not respond appropriately.

The most commons reasons for this are:

- inappropriate serial settings: Check if you configured the driver to what the device is expecting (usually 8N1 with 9600 Baud (8 Data bits, No parity, 1 Stop bit). Check the device's manual!

-inappropriate serial cable: Check the device's manual!

-the wrong port is chosen:

It might be helpful to use MAX to test the VISA serial connection first; you got more possibilities to ensure a working connection with the device.

Sir if you can see this image. i donot do anything i just write '0' byte now all program is running fine and there is no error like this. So if i change to some other byte. Then i cannot run the program and i get that error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 51
(933 Views)

If you write "0" it will read anything, then there is not a timeout then there is not an error.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 51
(925 Views)

Try to execute this simple code, if there are no errors so we must rectify your "waveform code". If there are errors, therefore, the configurations of the instrument are wrong, in this case, you must re-read the reply above.

Please check and let us know.

Refka.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 51
(918 Views)

<

@maazqaiser wrote:

Atleast i get my program run and get the desire waveform on physical oscilloscope as shown in video.

Your video doesn't really show anything about how your code runs.  We can barely see the screen.  Yes you get a waveform to show up your oscilloscope, but it doesn't show you receiving it in LabVIEW.

@maazqaiser wrote:

Sir if you can see this image. i donot do anything i just write '0' byte now all program is running fine and there is no error like this. So if i change to some other byte. Then i cannot run the program and i get that error.

You get no error because you are asking for 0 bytes and are getting exactly 0 bytes.  Warning 1073676294 is saying you happened to get exactly the number of bytes you asked for.  As others said, if you ask for bytes and get timeout errors, then you have a communication error.

Are you supposed to Write a command to the o-scope to tell it to send you data?  Most communication protocols are based on command/response.  You command it to do something then you wait for it to respond.  What does the manual say?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 51
(890 Views)

@REFNH wrote:

Try to execute this simple code, if there are no errors so we must rectify your "waveform code". If there are errors, therefore, the configurations of the instrument are wrong, in this case, you must re-read the reply above.

Please check and let us know.

Refka.

Actually i tell you earlier maybe as well i have Labview 2018 version not 2019. I cannot open the VI 

Please send me the 2018 version thanks.

Maaz 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 51
(876 Views)

@maazqaiser

Sorry, I forget it.

Refka.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
CLAD // CLD