From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get image of entire tab control in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

When I call the Get Image method with the invoke node, the tabs are missing from the captured image.  

Page 1 Tab.jpg

Is there some other setting or trick to getting the tabs to appear in the Get Image capture? I am using LV2017.

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,763 Views)

Try using the FP.Get Image invoke node instead.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,757 Views)

I considered that but I only want the image of the tab control not the entire front panel.

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,683 Views)

I don't think there's a trick to get the whole tab just using the builtin method.  But you could use a workaround, maybe.

Put the tab control in a container of some kind (another tab control, a subpanel, or block it off with a couple of splitter bars).  Make the container transparent so it doesn't look weird with the extra border.  Then tell the container to take an image of itself, and all it will see is your tab control.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,680 Views)

In any case, this almost looks like a bug. Did you report it? Did anyone test in newer versions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,662 Views)

I do not have access to newer versions. It is not clear to me where to report bugs. I have searched and found known bug list for 2017 and it doesn't seem to be listed or for 2018. Doing a search of "how to report bugs" on the NI page search bar yields bogs of unrelated results such as "How to buy..." and every other mention of the words "How to". I would be glad to report it. Can you point me to a link?

^TeraTech.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,572 Views)

@TeraTech wrote:

It is not clear to me where to report bugs.

If your business depends on it and you have SSP, you can always file a service request. They will evaluate the severity, put it in the bug database with a reference number, and possibly offer a workaround.

However, typically it should be sufficient to post a link to this discussion here in the annual bug thread and it will be seen by NI eventually. In the meantime, forum users can also do some casual testing or search for workarounds.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,565 Views)

Thanks. I posted on the Annual bug thread here:

Re: Annual bug thread for 2021 - Page 2 - NI Community

^TeraTech.

Message 8 of 17
(2,535 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TeraTech

Hi TeraTech,

had the same problem now and figured out a fairly easy workaround. Posting here now just in case anybody else runs into this bug 😉

Please note though, it's only that simple if the front-panel origin is aligned with the upper left corner of the visible pane area.

LV_TabControl_Image_Workaround.PNG

Please KUDO if you like it 😉

Best,

Jan

Message 9 of 17
(866 Views)

Thanks for the clever idea. However, the Total Bounds Rect Property (TotalRect on your diagram) is a scripting command, thus the cyan coloring. Scripting commands are only available during design time and aren't available in a compiled executable. So I can't use it for my situation. 

^TeraTech.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(820 Views)