cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data in Waveform Chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, 
1. i am making some measurment program, and it works pretty well. I would like to get the data from every cycle into the waveform chart or in some kind of diagram so i can export it to Excel later. 
I just dont understand how to connect the data to the plots? It would be great if someone could explain me (Release Data State in my program).
2. And i would also hear for someones idea or opinion how can i get the data into the diagram, for example, every 2 seconds or some normal periodical time.. i know that the way i did it  is not the best way to do it because the time axis wont be periodic.

Thanks in Advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,766 Views)

Hi vlado,

I would like to get the data from every cycle into the waveform chart or in some kind of diagram so i can export it to Excel later. 

How is "displaying data in an indicator" related to "save the same data to some file"? Why do you need to display data to be able to export them later to a file?

What is a "cycle" in your VI?

2. And i would also hear for someones idea or opinion how can i get the data into the diagram, for example, every 2 seconds or some normal periodical time..

- Create a state where you plot the current data. Maybe you (want to) do this in state "release data"?

- call that state every 2s…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,752 Views)

Hi GerdW,

How is "displaying data in an indicator" related to "save the same data to some file"? Why do you need to display data to be able to export them later to a file?

I am not sure. I would like to have all the data visualised on the graph (so I can observe the measurment), and I saw that the waveform chart can be exported to Excel, so I would use that function.

Maybe you (want to) do this in state "release data"?

Thats the main reason why I posted here. Because I dont know how to do that.

Thanks for your answering!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,740 Views)

Hi vlado,

Because I dont know how to do that.

You don't know how to call this state???

Or you don't know how to call this state more often (aka "each 2s")?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,736 Views)

As you can see in my program I dont know how to connect the terminals.. data to the plots ? I have tried a different solutions, but none worked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,732 Views)

Hi vlado,

as you have defined your chart to display an 1D array of data in the state "initialize graph" you need to provide the data in the very same format later on:

check.png

When you need/want to use a different data format (like a specific cluster as suggested in the help of the chart) you need to change this "init graph" state first!

Btw. it's irritating when your state is named "init graph" when you use a chart instead…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,725 Views)

Well... it works but not the way i wanted. I would like to have 12 different plots (different color), and every plot should represent one "reading". On the x-Axis should be Elapsed Time reading... I have deleted the state "initialize graph"

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,709 Views)

actually it should be real time, not "elapsed time reading"

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,703 Views)

Hi vlado,

I would like to have 12 different plots (different color), and every plot should represent one "reading".

Please read the context help for the chart - it will tell you which step you have to take to display "multiplot - 1 or more plots"!

(Hint: you need a different datatype than a 1D array then.)

On the x-Axis should be Elapsed Time reading...

Either change the formatting of the x axis to show time (together with setting a suitable x axis multiplier/offset) - or use waveforms with proper t0 timestamp…

All this is explained in the example VIs coming with LabVIEW. There are example VIs showing the usage of charts and graphs!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,701 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Either change the formatting of the x axis to show time (together with setting a suitable x axis multiplier/offset) - or use waveforms with proper t0 timestamp…

I came to this part.. how do i find out what multiplier/offset should I use? The waveforms with timestamp sound better, but can you please explain me how to do it? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(4,685 Views)