LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export Waveform data to Excel table and chart?

I am reading data using AI Acquire Waveforms. Data is read from multiple channels on a PXI NI 6052E. On the LV front panel the data is displayed in a waveform graph. I want to export the waveform data to an excel spreadsheet using the toolkit VIs such as Excel Easy Graph, and to paste the actual waveform data to spreadsheet cells. I'm having trouble executing this and trying all sorts of different ways. Is there a simple example for working with the waveform data type to do this?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,313 Views)
with the "Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File.vi" function in the Waveform>waveform tools palette.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,313 Views)
Unfortunately my situation is not as simple as using this VI. For example I need to add waveform information to a report which includes a lot of other workbooks in an xls file. I see that I could open up this file VI and copy out what part of the functions I need, or I could write the info to a temporary workbook, and then copy it to my report, but I am looking for other tools or methods that can get the waveform data. Am I wrong that my only options here would be 1) make my own VI out of the simpler export VI, 2) export the waveform and then copy it into the real report?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,313 Views)
There is no VI that will take the image of a LabVIEW chart and put it in excel. Passing the data is doable and there are several examples that show how that is done. The only workarounds that I could think of are the ones you suggested.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,313 Views)

It is possible to take the image of a LabVIEW chart and put it in excel. Go to Examples>>office>> MS Graph Reports

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,744 Views)

Did you happen to notice you are responding to a thread that is nearly 9 years old?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,740 Views)

better late than ever....Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,734 Views)

No i didnt.... Just felt that I could chip in something..so juss did it.. thanx 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,710 Views)