From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to embed LabVIEW exe to Excel?

Hi,

I'd like to embed a LabVIEW exe into an excel worksheet in a similar way as I can embed a web browser to a worksheet. Is it possible? I guess I should build my exe with the activex server option enabled, but what are the next steps?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,144 Views)

I presume you can call a shell function from within a macro to execute your EXE. However, something as "embedding" the executable sounds unlikely. Moreover, I am curious on the rationale trying to do this? Is the idea to have LabVIEW aid with data processing, or for data display, maybe?

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,047 Views)

@1984 wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to embed a LabVIEW exe into an excel worksheet in a similar way as I can embed a web browser to a worksheet. Is it possible? I guess I should build my exe with the activex server option enabled, but what are the next steps?

Thanks.

Fie under "There is nothing new under the sun" category.

See this thread from 14 years ago.

Spoiler
The problem with getting old is you still remember stuff that you read 14 years ago or more.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,039 Views)

The use case is to embed a UI into a different - non labview - application. Excel was just an example cause if I can do it in excel with an activex container then most likely I can do it in other applications.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,010 Views)