cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable LogosXT on RT 2009 ?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

There is very little info to be found on this subject. As far as I can see, there is not even info describing that logos uses UDP, and LogosXT uses TCP protocol. I know since LogosXT caused me problems back in 2007/2008 when trying to switch from LabView 8.2 to 8.5.

The only info I can find is this: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/29CEB009DF90A2EC862573A600796275

I tried this, but that made my cFP 2210 with LV RT 2009 inaccessible!

NI please help !

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,133 Views)

Update:

I tried once more to add the section:

[logos]
PSP.DisableLogosXT=1

to the ni-rt.ini file of my cFP 2210 with LV2009 RT.

Sure enough, it will not boot, and cannot be accessed via the network any more.

I have to treat it as a new device again. I managed to FTP the ni-rt.ini file from it again, and like before, it is garbled. I tried to FTP down a good copy of ni-rt.ini file and reboot, but the cFP does not behave correctly any more. I had to reformat the flash memory and reinstall again.

Since the settings described at this link have such a bad effect on LV RT 2009 (ETS), I think it would be a good idea to update this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/29CEB009DF90A2EC862573A600796275 

with new information!

The question remains: How do I disable LogosXT (TCP) and enable Logos (UDP) on a LV 2009 RT system?

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,121 Views)

Please NI, I do need to disable LogosXT and use Logos instead.

I have upgraded an old LV 8.2 project to LV 2009 for several reasons.

However, there is not time or money to rewrite the Shared Var communications on this project. The beavior of Logos (that uses UDP) and LogosXT (that uses TCP) is different.

Surely NI should provide information on how to maintain backward compatibility: I was surprised when NI changed the protocol from LV 8.2 to LV 8.5 without any warnings about this.

Please Help !

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,078 Views)

Hello,

So what do I need to do to get help on this topic? 

I have system that is to be testet at the production plant in a few weeks!

Please help !

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,029 Views)

Hello,

NI, please come forward and tell us what can be done: Either LogosXT cannot or they can be disabled under LV rt 2009.

Either way, please come forward and tell us: It is as simple as this.

Our customer is a part of Group of concrete factories throughout Europe. The rest of the factories have paid great interest in the successfull Labview Control System we implemented for them in one of their factories back in 2007. We are now extending and implementing more control systems for yet another of their factories.

I would think NI would care about this, and us pushing LV in industrial 24*7 applications.

I would hate to back to them and say: Sorry, we are delayed because NI will not answer our simple question !

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,012 Views)
Hi Geirove,

I am so sorry that we have missed this posting until now....this issue was just now brought to my attention.

LabVIEW 2009 has a more sophisticated method for enabling/disabling LogosXT. The switch in the KnowledgeBase works for older versions of LabVIEW, but in LabVIEW 2009 it is ONLY for PSP data transfer and not a Global disable. To disable all LogosXT services and use legacy Logos you will need to use the following strings:

Global.DisableLogosXT=True
Global.DisableLogos=False

To just affect the PSP service:

PSP.DisableLogosXT=True
PSP.DisableLogos=False

The older method with the =1, or =0 still works, but True and False is preferred.

You will have to create a logos.ini file and add those strings above. For LabVIEW 2009 or later, the INI file is stored in the all users application data directory, under the folder "National Instruments\Logos". By default, this is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\Logos" on Windows XP and "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Logos" on Windows Vista. Don’t forget to update the ni-rt.ini file too.

We are working on updating that KnowledgeBase so that the LabVIEW 2009 specific information is in there.

Please let me know if this helps you, I will be monitoring this post daily.
Message Edited by DiscoBall on 01-13-2010 05:07 PM
Message Edited by DiscoBall on 01-13-2010 05:08 PM
Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,994 Views)

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I will try this in the next couple of days.

Just a few clarifiactions before I try this: Se inline questions :

DiscoBall wrote:
Hi Geirove,

I am so sorry that we have missed this posting until now....this issue was just now brought to my attention.

LabVIEW 2009 has a more sophisticated method for enabling/disabling LogosXT. The switch in the KnowledgeBase works for older versions of LabVIEW, but in LabVIEW 2009 it is ONLY for PSP data transfer and not a Global disable. To disable all LogosXT services and use legacy Logos you will need to use the following strings:

Global.DisableLogosXT=True
Global.DisableLogos=False

To just affect the PSP service:

PSP.DisableLogosXT=True
PSP.DisableLogos=False

The older method with the =1, or =0 still works, but True and False is preferred.

The settings above should be entered in the ni-rt.ini file on the cFP module, right?

I am sending Shared Var data from the cFP to a PC over a wireless network.

The settings should also be changed on the PC, but here they should be entered in a separate logos.ini file?

You will have to create a logos.ini file and add those strings above. For LabVIEW 2009 or later, the INI file is stored in the all users application data directory, under the folder "National Instruments\Logos". By default, this is "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\Logos" on Windows XP and "C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\Logos" on Windows Vista. Don’t forget to update the ni-rt.ini file too.

We are working on updating that KnowledgeBase so that the LabVIEW 2009 specific information is in there.

Please let me know if this helps you, I will be monitoring this post daily.

Message Edited by DiscoBall on 01-13-2010 05:07 PM
Message Edited by DiscoBall on 01-13-2010 05:08 PM

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,965 Views)
You're welcome. You are correct. You will need to change the ni-rt.ini and create the logos.ini if it does not currently exist, which is the default behavior.
Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,955 Views)

Hi Geir Ove.

I have updated KnowledgeBase 4G2FNV2F How Can I Disable Logos XT and Use Logos. Were you able to get your application working?

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,848 Views)

Hello,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am currently working on 3 LV projects, and the two others needed attention while waiting for info on logos matters.  I will start testing the old LV 8.2 ported to LV 2009 again some time next weeek. I will notify you when I got information.

One question: To repeat: The cFP uses shared vars to com with a PC over WLAN. What happens if one side is set to use logosXT and the other side to use logos? I do not intend to do so, but if my client change the PC and do not update the settings on the PC, this scenario will occur.

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,838 Views)