From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable LogosXT on RT 2009 ?

Solved!
Go to solution
Hi Geir,

I must apologize too. I have been out of the office and I am now catching up on my emails. I will be check with R&D on your question. More to come soon.
Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,055 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author geirove

Hi Geir,

I ran some tests and here is what I have found. By default, LabVIEW 2009 is able to see and use both protocols, so if you only enable Logos on your RT target and have not change the configuration on your Windows PC. In other words haven't made a logos.ini file that disables one protocol in favor of another then your PC should be able to communicate with the RT target.

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,043 Views)

Hello Joshua,

My wife had a small back surgery one week ago (nothing serious), but have needed help for some time. This has kept me from testing more so far.

Please monitor this thread, and I will get back to you with test results asap. 

Can you also please try to have the persons responsible have a look at this bug:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=468998&jump=true#M468998

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,010 Views)

DiscoBall wrote:

Hi Geir,

I ran some tests and here is what I have found. By default, LabVIEW 2009 is able to see and use both protocols, so if you only enable Logos on your RT target and have not change the configuration on your Windows PC. In other words haven't made a logos.ini file that disables one protocol in favor of another then your PC should be able to communicate with the RT target.

Hello,

In the ni-rt.ini on my cFP 2210, I only entered the following:

[logos]
Global.DisableLogosXT=True
Global.DisableLogos=False

as described in your updated knowledgebase entry (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/29CEB009DF90A2EC862573A600796275)

However, isn't there a discrepancy between what you say above, and the following statement in the knowledgebase:

"As done before, you will need to update both the Windows host computer and LabVIEW Real-Time controller, then restart both machines for the settings to take effect."

At least, I only changed the settings on the cFP, and it communicates data via Shared Variables to my PC.

I hoped this would resolve a memory leak issue that I have, but not so!

I may have to try the Service Pack 1 update for  LV 2009: It fixes several memory leaks, but it is unclear to my whether they are valid for RT module programs or not.  (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/10829 )

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(985 Views)
Hi Geir,

Very observant! I left the old information in there as to be sure that the desktop computer is in a clean state for testing. While a restart is not specified in the internal document that I pulled the information from, In my opinion, a restart every now and then helps resolves many issues Smiley Wink .

I hope your family is doing well and I wish you the best of luck on your application! I am still looking into the other ni-rt.ini crashing issue....
Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(975 Views)