LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create installer with python connectivity to be installed on computer without labview?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello. I am currently developing an application with LabView 2020 which has a built in python integration.

My application works well but I had a problem when creating an installer for the program, because I would like to install the program to another computer without LabView. 

Normally I had no problem with creating an installer (when no ad-on is used), however, since I am using the python integration, in my opinion it may required different treatments.

I understand that the python integration is still on the development stage by NI, so my question is, is it possible to do at this moment?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(746 Views)
Solution
Accepted by flim21

Hi Edobp,

I believe that your concern is that wether you need to include Phyton in the installer of the program as an add-on.

After building your exe. file, you can run it on another computer without Labview,as long as you have the LabVIEW Run Time installed.

However, as a reference for you to install a third party installer such as Phyton, you can refer to the following attached KnowledgeBase link below.

Including Third Party Installers and Drivers in a LabView Installer

Fiona, NI

Message 2 of 2
(683 Views)