LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a square wave with a dynamic frequency

Hello,

I am new to LabView and am attempting to create a program that takes a varying input voltage. It then uses this input voltage to output a square wave with a varying frequency, but constant amplitude. The goal is to have the program continuously check the input voltage and adjust the frequency in the output signal in response. I am using a BNC-2120 and NI PXI-1033. 

Currently, I am working with these two programs (based on the NI examples) and am hoping to find a way to merge them. Please let me know of any suggestions.

Thanks,

Isabelle 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(1,060 Views)

BNC-2120 is a terminal block and PXI-1033 is a PXI chassis. You are missing the information on the module. Are you using a NI-6xxx or NI-4xxx DAQmx device?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(1,054 Views)

I am using a NI-6xxx.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(1,026 Views)

What is the exact model you are using?

If your device supports HTWSP (DAQ Devices with Hardware-Timed Single Point Sampling Mode Support), it provides the smallest latency. See Application Case 1 in NI-DAQmx Hardware-Timed Single Point Lateness Checking

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(1,018 Views)

Apologies, I was misunderstanding the question. 

This is what is installed on the computer. Is this what you were looking for?

Screenshot 2023-03-28 155532.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(981 Views)

Open NI MAX. Under My System >> Devices and Interfaces, you will see a list of NI devices connected to your PC. Show us what is the exact model of the device.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(972 Views)

Screenshot 2023-03-29 110517.png

These are the models that show up under devices and interfaces. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(951 Views)

So you've two instruments,

1. PXI-6534
  2. PXI-6255

Out of these which one does the BNC breakout board connect to?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(947 Views)

It connects to the PXI-6255.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(942 Views)

Let me know if there are suggestions! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(914 Views)