cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect 2 computer in LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I currently trying to send an input that I put from computer A to be output in computer B. I read that I need a shared variable for it, and I already set the shared variable. My main problem now is how to establish a connection/communication to the other computer? I tried reading in the forum but got confuse on how to use it. Anyone had a simple method on how I could do it?

Thanks

Ridhwan Ali

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(9,785 Views)

Hi tebu,

1) If your computer A as well as computer B are connected to a lan,then you can use the VI server concepts,such that computer B will be acting as a VI server and computer A will get the data required  from computerB.

2)If you are concerned about normal data transfer,you can use tcp/ip vis to send the data from computer A to computer B.

3)If they are not in network,take a cross cable and establish a local lan using computer A and computer B with either of these acting as a server and again using  tcp/ip vis to send the data.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(9,768 Views)

Hi tebu,

1) If your computer A as well as computer B are connected to a lan,then you can use the VI server concepts,such that computer B will be acting as a VI server and computer A will get the data required  from computerB.

2)If you are concerned about normal data transfer,you can use tcp/ip vis to send the data from computer A to computer B.

3)If they are not in network,take a cross cable and establish a local lan using computer A and computer B with either of these acting as a server and again using  tcp/ip vis to send the data.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(9,767 Views)

yeap, going to connect them in LAN network. was thinking of using shared variables and NI-PSP.. any tips on how to use it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(9,764 Views)

hi tebu,

go through this link....

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4679.

thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(9,753 Views)

had a look at it but it does not show the tutorial on how i could arrange the function correctly to able the connection. do you have any simple example for it?

i just need to figure out the simple step to input 1 variable (eg. value 10) in computer A and get it sent and appear in computer B.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(9,739 Views)
Solution
Accepted by tebu

Hi tebu,

Have you seen data server.vi and data client.vi examples..

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

Message 7 of 18
(9,735 Views)

had a look at it but it does not show the tutorial on how i could arrange the function correctly to able the connection. do you have any simple example for it?

i just need to figure out the simple step to input 1 variable (eg. value 10) in computer A and get it sent and appear in computer B.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(9,704 Views)

Cool! I had a look at the examples and test it. It works.

Here are the steps that I took: (*I had both of my computer connected through a router which I used to connect both of them to the internet, i just plug Ethernet wires from both computer to the router, that's all, no configuration needed)

1) Open Data Server.vi in my 1st computer

2) Open Client Server.vi in my 2nd computer

3) Search for my 1st computer IP address by going to the

Start (at 1st computer) >Run>enter "cmd">type "ipconfig"

4) Search for my 2nd computer IP address by going to the

Start (at 2nd computer)>Run>enter "cmd">type "ipconfig"

5) Ping the 2nd computer from the 1st computer to check if the connection is ok.

Start (at 1st computer) >Run>enter "cmd">type "ping [2nd computer IP Address]"

7) Set the port number in Data Server.vi to any desired number (in my case I just choose 6350)

6) Run Data Server.vi

4) Set the port number in Client Server.vi to match the one in Data Server.vi (in my case 6350)

7) Run Client Server.vi

😎 The waveform should appear in the graph in Client Server.vi

9) SUCCESS!

*now I can change/modify the desired transmitted input to any input I wanted!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(9,663 Views)