LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change user and company name on LabVIEW startup screen

Recently upgraded to another company and LV2017. I'm having a really difficult time understanding why it is so difficult to change the user name and company name that shows up on LabVIEW's startup screen. I don't even know why it shows up there.

I no longer work for that company and really don't want my name associated with it in my new position. Also, moving from machine to machine old names appear that really belong to others and their names should appear.

I have searched for hours looking for the definitive solution to this annoying problem and have had no luck. If my memory serves me correctly this has been a constant problem and annoyance as long as I can remember.

So. Can this be fixed? How? And if not why not?

Thank you. 🙂

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,819 Views)

I don't know if this works for LabVIEW 2017, but it did for earlier versions, give it a try (adjusting paths as necessary for your version of Windows): https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Change-LabVIEW-Registered-Owner-and-Company/m-p/2345330#M733161

Message 2 of 3
(2,810 Views)

I've already exhausted info here. Seems in 2017 user name/company is inaccessible. I've been at this LV thing for 20 years and this particular issue has always been a pain if it can be resolved at all. Don't know why this needs to be so difficult. 

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,735 Views)