From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to build labview executable with all dependencies and libraries contained inside .exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

I developed an application using several external libraries: JKI JSON string, Datagrid, etc... Under destinations of build properties, I select Main.exe. Under source file settings, I marked everything "Set destinations for all contained items" = Main.exe, "Set destinations for packed and shared libraries" = Main.exe.

However, when the build is finished, I still find that JKI libraries are still in separate folders. There are literally dozens of JKI folders, each one contains 1 or 2 VIs. Also, the same for equipment drivers.

What have I missed and how can I fix this ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,538 Views)
Solution
Accepted by zigbee1

What version of LV are you using?

Make sure that you did not by accident check the checkbox "use LabVIEW 8.x file layout" in your build script.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,494 Views)

Thank you, I had no idea that option was checked and "LabVIEW 8.x file layout" could cause it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,452 Views)