LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access controls and indicators embedded in a custom control?

Hi all!

I've built a custom control with a cluster in which there are indicators and controls, i have to use it inside a measurement while loop to display measure values and it must be possible for the user to change the measure unit or to subtract to the final value a background by selecting a check on the custom control itself.

I am experimenting problems doing this 'cause when i launch vi that uses custom control it is impossible to press a button embedded in custom control or to check another one .

In attachment there is a picture with the way i use to display values in indicators embedded in custom control, using local variables. Also i attach the ctl file

What is the best way to use indicators embedded in custom controls to display values in different parts-events of the main VI that uses the custom control? Why is not possible to push on buttons during execution?

Thanks in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,086 Views)

The entire cluster is either a control or an indicator. You cannot have a mixture of controls and indicators in a cluster. In my opinion clusters are not for the user interface but for internal data structures. If you want a nice collection of controls and indicators that you want to reuse you can just create a VI that contains the controls and indicators all nicely arranged, sized and colored and use this as a template.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,077 Views)

Thanks Steve, i am doing the way you have suggested me.

Maybe Xcontrols can do this task? having controls and indicators in the same reusable elements? I don't know these structures but i want to learn how  to use them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,051 Views)