From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How improve the performance for enqueue.vi with many nested actor at the same time in actor framework

Sorry - bad example. I hoped the description would make it clear, but here is a better example that shows an alternative method.

The top loop is unchanged, and here I demonstrate "programmatic" generation of events, analogous to what I was trying to describe in my previous post.

Example_VI.png

GCentral
Message 11 of 17
(607 Views)

Hi guys!!

I´m thankful for all your answers, I want to comment you that I have been studiyng the kindly modified proposed code from LucianM, the aplication functioning it good, however when it is executing the percentage for cpu achive around 97% value, is normal this behavior for the quantityof vi running at the same time (50) or I can do something to the respect.

best regards

PD. Only execute labview software application, there is no more applicaction running.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(586 Views)

@EDB22 wrote:

however when it is executing the percentage for cpu achive around 97% value, is normal this behavior for the quantityof vi running at the same time (50) or I can do something to the respect.

If possible, the first thing I would do is eliminate your event timeouts.  At least with your example, they weren't doing anything.  What else is your code doing?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(567 Views)

Hi crossrulz

What else is your code doing?

In this moment. the application only need send data, for example 4 numeric vector, 1 boolean vector and some control values, but later I need send this data to database too. Smiley Sad

greetings!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(554 Views)

@EDB22 wrote:

Hi crossrulz

In this moment. the application only need send data, for example 4 numeric vector, 1 boolean vector and some control values, but later I need send this data to database too. Smiley Sad

greetings!!!!

As Lucian mentioned, you're sending 25000 events/sec, is that really needed?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(535 Views)

@EDB22 wrote:

Hi crossrulz

In this moment. the application only need send data, for example 4 numeric vector, 1 boolean vector and some control values, but later I need send this data to database too.

Maybe we can take a couple of steps back. Beyond this example, what are you hoping to do? Hopefully you've already found some ways to speed up your execution times when generating a large number of events across a large number of Actors, but maybe there are other solutions or paths you could take that would alleviate some of the problems or difficulties you still face?

In your example code, there are several places (e.g. Stop Notifier) where there appears to be code left from before you simplified the code to post here, but it's not obvious which bits are left from a more complicated application, and which are perhaps accidentally misplaced items from previous attempts/trials, etc.

With that situation, it's not obvious, at least to me, whether I should comment on those bits.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(530 Views)

Ok.

I will treated to respond some of question.

My app should create all these vi (50), send the signal for led turn on and with this signal save the tick from while loop value for that vi, nothing more.

For Anothe hand, If there are something events that it aren´t right is because I have take examples from forums and other fonts, I have followed the propose guide or example so initally the app function correctly but now is necesary include other improves for achieve a optimall performance.

For last, the numeric and boolean vectors, it will be other forms to organize the data.

I hope I have respond your questions.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(525 Views)