LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove this break point?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a set of VI's from Elgar/Sorenson for controlling an old DC power source.

One of the main VI's has a breakpoint set in it so it always pauses when it gets to this VI.

This is the read/write VI that is burried inside every VI for this device so it makes the program pause a lot.

When I open the block diagram there is a red border around it, is this some kind of "always pause" setting?

How do I unset this?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,697 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

You can go to the View -> Breakpoint Manager menu and then remove the breakpoint and save the VI.

Ben64

Message 2 of 6
(3,691 Views)

Also Edit>>Remove breakpoints from heirarchy

last but not least select the breakpoint tool from the tools palatte (shift+Rightclick to bring up the tools palatte) select the BP tool and click anywhere on the root of that BD

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 6
(3,685 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Also Edit>>Remove breakpoints from heirarchy

last but not least select the breakpoint tool from the tools palatte (shift+Rightclick to bring up the tools palatte) select the BP tool and click anywhere on the root of that BD

I tried using the Breakpoint Tool on the block diagram and it did not work, that is why I asked.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,680 Views)

@RTSLVU wrote:
I tried using the Breakpoint Tool on the block diagram and it did not work, that is why I asked.

That should work just fine too. Select the breakpoint tool and click on the toplevel diagram, outside of any structures.

The VI can be in run mode or edit mode.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,658 Views)

Breakpoint on block diagram is now removable by Edit->Undo breakpoint, it doesn't show up in the breakpoint manager. You can also use short-cut ctrl+z to remove breakpoint on diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,490 Views)