From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create an alarm indicator with boolean control?

I'm trying to create an alarm with a boolean indicator. I don't know how to hide the text when the condition is false.

I'd like to be able to have information that appears at a specific moment of my programme. For exemple, to a message that say that the programm is waiting a confirmation to continue running.

Thank you
Amelie
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,643 Views)
Have you tried under Functions->Time & Dialog->One Button Dialog? This is a wonderful way of pausing until a user presses a button.

If you wanted, you could use a textbox and just wire a string to it. Then clear it (or hide it using a property node) when done.

If you want to use a boolean indicator, there is a property (in the property node) called "Strings". This is a 1D array of strings for False, True, Transition True->False and Transition False->True. You can programmatically change the strings.

Rob
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,643 Views)
Just use the Boolean Text Visible property or a separate text indicator and wire it's Visible property to the alarm.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,643 Views)