LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I convert a text file to a time signal

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm confused on how to do this. I can get the text file to read correctly into a an array (orange wires) but how can I get it to become a time signal (thick brown wire)? I have all the data points and I know the sample frequency is 2 samples per second. Any help at all would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,403 Views)
Solution
Accepted by canyon

Do you mean a waveform? If so, try a 'build waveform', with 2 seconds as dt and a suitable time for t0.

Or maybe a timestamp? If so, you could try 'To time stamp'.

From your description, I am guessing you are after the waveform option?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,398 Views)

Wow thanks a ton! Sorry for the really basic questions, I just started with this basic project two days ago. One other quick question I have is that that the t0 input looks like it's a thick brown wire as well. I want to start it at zero how should I do that?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,393 Views)

Glad to be of service!

For the second question, right click on the t0 input and select create constant or create control. This will create a timestamp that you can edit to a time/date of your choosing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,386 Views)

You mentioned that you are new to LabVIEW. National Instruments has a large number of resources to learn and explore the language capabilities and features. I recommend starting here:

LabVIEW Training: Learn LabVIEW in Three or Six Hours

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5247

Beyond that, the Developer zone has a huge supply of example code and webcasts etc that are really useful. Happy coding!

- Regards,

Beutlich
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,345 Views)