From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have the same exact control appearing twice on the front panel?

Pretty amazing, but you could go on forever. Here's a control that can be operated from 8 different places. 🙂

(Not that anyone should actually use this!)
Message 11 of 49
(4,830 Views)
Cool.
You used the custom control to replace the digital display, then used the new custom control to replace the digital display again and so on, right?
On my system (7.1 XP), the bottom left knob gets partially drawn over when using the slide on the left side. Did you put that one in last?

(4,736 Views)
Altenbach I love the control. I still can't quite imagine the use case, and what a headache that would be to inherit. I imagine it would take awhile to wrap your head around that. Great example of what you can do... not necassarily what you should do 😄
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 49
(4,614 Views)
Just try to get a reference to all of the front panel controls in that vi.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 49
(4,616 Views)

@tst wrote:
On my system (7.1 XP), the bottom left knob gets partially drawn over when using the slide on the left side.
Yes, it showed a redrawing problem of the shaded area on the knob here too.

Overall, I though it is pretty amazing that you can clone a control into multiples like that without causing a serious hiccup. Just tells you that the underlying code must be very well written. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 49
(4,718 Views)

altenbach a écrit:
Overall, I though it is pretty amazing that you can clone a control into multiples like that without causing a serious hiccup. Just tells you that the underlying code must be very well written. 🙂

It has. Try to set non base units (like degC of ft) on the main control. Other controls displays the base units and don't set their scale accordingly.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 49
(4,719 Views)
tst,

You asked about similar.

Change the index control in a array container. This lets you drop a cluster in the array container and use the index control that looks like a slider. Sorta a mixed data type table. Ever try to put a check box in a table?

If you are still having fun, show the digital displays on a chart. Replace those with sliders.

Have fun!

Ben

The short comings always end up being not being able to get at the properties of the hack.

Message Edited by Ben on 06-22-2005 01:52 PM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 17 of 49
(4,706 Views)
Of course it works equally well with indicators. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 49
(4,693 Views)
Ben, I failed to understand both suggestions.
While having a scrollbar for an array instead of having to use property nodes is a great idea, I didn't manage to do it - when I try changing the index display with a slide nothing happens. Also, I didn't understand the thing about tables.

(4,711 Views)
Sorry tst!

That happens when I try to answer Q while still working.

The attached illustrates both ideas (in LV 7.0).

Don't you love the resulting diagram.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 49
(4,701 Views)