LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I have the same exact control appearing twice on the front panel?

Hi   altenbach

How can i make VI like this VI(MultiIndicator.vi)?

or

How can i linked multi object  together ? 

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 49
(1,194 Views)

Start by reading tst's post here. See if you can figure it out.

I am not "linking controls together", it is all one control. Several native controls (charts, slides, etc.) already have more than one display, e.g. they have an optional digital display. Using the control editor, you can replace the digital display with a new control containing another digital display in the control editor, and so on.

Message 42 of 49
(1,186 Views)

Hi

i don't understand.

do you build a custom control  ?

how do you build  VI without custom control file(ctl)?

how do you import objects(chart,number,....) inside an original object ?

can you show me with photo ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 49
(1,175 Views)

When you customize an existing control from within a VI (right-click...advanced...customize), you later have the choice of replacing the control in the original VI with the modified version. At this point you don't need to save the control in a seperate *.ctl file, it will be embedded in the VI.

I would recommend to stay with more traditional controls and code. Don't overcomplicate things with highly and unusually customized controls. What are you actually trying to do?

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 49
(1,165 Views)

i have tree buttons in my program.these buttons dose one code.

and i don't want to use OR gate.

TnX 

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 49
(1,147 Views)

Majid_PLC wrote:

and i don't want to use OR gate. 

Why not? You can even use a compound OR with three inputs!

I don't understand why you need three buttons for one operation. can you explain? Why is one button not enough? Can you show us your code?

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 49
(1,132 Views)

If you want a button common to all tabs, maybe it should be outside the tab structure (you can disable/enable it according to the currently visible tab. You can also "float" it over the tabs.

In any case, the solution discussed here would not work anyway. Since it is a single control (with several indicators), it can only reside on a single tab.

Your code seems to have a few questionable constructs. I would highly recommend to use "build path/strip path" instead of string operations flanked by "path to string" and "string to path", etc. It also seems that you should use autoindexing on the string array at the FOR loop.

Message 48 of 49
(1,107 Views)

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 49
(1,087 Views)